Tips for optimal colon health
How the colon affects your energy, mood and weight
A critical component of a healthy lifestyle is a healthy digestive system. If you aren't able to properly obtain energy from the foods and beverages you consume, your health is bound to suffer. In addition, an improperly functioning colon can retain unwanted toxins and years of accumulated waste. In the same way that your computer's hard drive can become speedier with the periodic purging of unused files, spyware, and viruses, your body can perform more efficiently with a regular cleansing routine. Colon cleansing is a natural method that helps your body to detoxify by removing accumulated toxins and wastes from your digestive tract.
of a colon cleansing program are numerous and include increased energy levels, elevated moods, and weight reduction. When the body eliminates built-up waste products which contain food-related and environmental toxins that are leaching vitality from the inside out, the result is a digestive system that functions in a healthy manner by effectively obtaining available nutrients from food, which are then supplied to all of the body's organs. When poisons and dangerous substances are purged, the body's natural endorphins and "feel-good" chemicals can flow freely to promote better moods. And when the digestive system is clean and functioning in a healthy manner, waste is eliminated efficiently, resulting in reduced bloating and the shedding of extra pounds.
Foods for colon health
A healthy colon begins with a healthy diet. According to Dr Andrew Weil and other highly respected medical professionals, there are a number of recommended eating habits that promote a healthy colon and digestive system.
Here are the top 12 tips for optimal colon health:
- Eat very little or no red meat, as the consumption of red meat is linked with a higher incidence of colon cancer.
- Eat plenty of vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables like lettuce, spinach, and chard.
- Eat generous amounts of fruits; dark-colored fruits in particular contain high levels of antioxidants.
- Eat a variety of foods that contain plenty of fiber, including beans, whole grains, and fruit. High-fiber foods promote the speedy transit of waste matter through the colon.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol consumed; a higher alcohol consumption is linked with an increased risk of colon cancer.
- Drink plenty of pure water, which promotes the healthy functioning of the colon and the digestive system. Foods which contain a high percentage of water, such as melons, are also a good source of water in the diet.
- Drink green tea; the beneficial substances found in green tea are linked with a lower occurrence of many types of cancer, including colon cancer.
- Take a daily multivitamin which contains Vitamin D and folic acid.
- Reduce intake of sugary and starchy foods.
- Reduce the consumption of high-fat foods, especially foods which contain saturated and trans fats.
- There is no recommended daily consumption level for trans fats.
- Eat frequent small, balanced meals rather than two to three large meals daily; this keeps your blood sugar level stable.
Colon cleansing for colon health
Even with a healthy diet, other lifestyle factors can cause unwanted wastes and toxins to accumulate within the digestive system. Lack of exercise, insufficient sleep, daily stress, and toxins in the environment can all contribute to these issues. Regular colon cleansing is the best defense against the accumulation of harmful substances that sap energy and cause weight gain. A top-rated colon cleansing product which contains all-natural ingredients is a gentle, yet powerful way to safely eliminate toxins and wastes to ensure the healthy functioning of the digestive system.
Take the FIRST step to cleaning your colon
Cleansing your colon starts with eating a high-fiber diet and drinking plenty of water. This helps keep you regular and puts your body back on track.
But your body can't do it all.
When you're ready to cleanse your body of toxins and undigested food, then you're ready to take the next step in colon cleansing. Keep in mind that colon cleansing isn't for everyone – only for those who want optimal health.